Electrical home inspections are essential so that you, your family, and your home are safe. Your home’s electrical system inspected by a professional can give you peace of mind because of the following reasons:
- Ensures safe operation of your home’s electrical types of equipment
- Ability to identify common electrical mistakes by previous contractors
- Ability to identify outdated wiring
- Ability to identify oversized fuses or breakers that are potential causes of fires
- Performing fire and safety hazard corrections
- Meeting insurance risk assessment inspection requirements
- Providing advice involving the safety of the electrical system in homes for sale
- Providing advice on how to save energy and reduce cost
How much does the electrical inspection cost?
Having a home electrical inspection is a good idea and if you worked with an experienced and licensed contractor, it could save you money from costly repairs. The electrical inspection involves several specific elements in your home’s electrical system. If you plan to call for an inspection by a licensed contractor, they will charge you based on the size of your home. Additionally, if you live in rural or remote areas, inspectors may charge you for travel expenses. By requesting price quotes from electrical inspection services in your area, you can better determine the estimated cost.
What type of electrical inspection is needed after a lightning strike?
Calling a professional electrician to evaluate your electrical system should be done immediately if you experienced a lightning strike. Licensed electrician checks the following things after a lightning strike:
- Full or partial power outage
- One or more tripped breakers
- Appliances or electronics that no longer work properly
- Visible charring at electrical outlets, switches or wiring
- Smoke detector system not working properly
Can you do your own electrical work in your house if it passes inspection?
You can do your own electrical work in your house if you’re appropriately skilled and understand exactly what you’re doing. Otherwise, leave the electrical work to a licensed electrician to do the job safely, legally, and avoid accidents.
What safety measures should everyone know during home inspection especially in the electrical system?
As a homeowner, you should be aware of the electrical panel’s location, never touch any electrical pieces of equipment while standing on a wet floor, ensure about an escape path in cases of accidents like fires, and don’t solve anything on your own. Calling a professional electrician is still the best idea when dealing with your electrical system.
How long will the home inspection take?
Duration of an electrical home inspection depends on a number of factors:
- Size of the home
- Age of the home
- Experienced home inspector
The time it takes to inspect a home is not a major concern. Emphasis should be given on how detailed and experienced the inspector is, how well he or she can explain the issues that may potentially affect you as a homeowner
Electrical Contractors in Seattle, WA
Are you looking to hire an electrical contracting firm in Seattle? Then contact us at OHM Electrical Contracting! Our team of electricians can handle any and all electrical needs. Founder and owner, Alfred, is a Master 01 Electrician who works with both residential, commercial, and industrial property owners.